Wednesday, August 29, 2012

After while, crocodile!

Yes, moving to a new community means a lot of goodbyes, but-- let's get excited about this, people-- it also means a whole lot of fabulously interesting hellos!

For the next six weeks, I'm going to be focusing exclusively on these hellos. So adios, teléfono. See ya later Facebook. Pinterest, we need some time apart.

For all of you wonderful people who don't know how you're going to be able to live through six weeks without me (or my pins)... fear not. When I was off in T-town last year missing the Sanctuary, the Lord pressed on my heart again and again that prayer was more than big enough to cover the 500 miles. Even though I couldn't play jump rope or sing the moose song with the kids, I could lift them up to my Heavenly Father (who could give them much better hugs than I could, anyway).

In the same way, I'm asking you to join me on this journey by faith. I won't be able to fill you in on the details of what God is doing, but I would love for you to lift me and my team and our neighborhood up in prayer, trusting that God is working. 

James tells us to pray when we're in trouble, and sing songs of praise when we're happy.

Since I won't be around to let you know for sure, let's assume that there are going to be moments of trouble and moments of happy.

Because there will be moments of trouble, please pray for...
gentleness within our team
humility in our training
energy for our work
compassion toward our neighbors

Because there will be moments of happy, please rejoice that, Lord-willing...
God is using community to strip us of our selfishness
we are being equipped for our service by our training
our work is making the name of Jesus famous
we are coming to a deeper understanding of God's character through listening to our neighbors' stories

Anddd don't forget that good, old-fashioned snail mail is always smiled upon. Check with my momma for my address! (Specifically, someone should take it upon him/herself to inform me of the outcome of the football games. And I'm def expecting a copy of Lecrae's new album. Just sayin'.)

Until the cinnamon rolls (I know, now I want one too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment